Without honey bees, the world would not have Apples, Almonds, Blueberries, Cherries, Avocados, Cucumbers, Onions, Grapefruit, Orange, Pumpkins and many more foods. Populations in Africa would suffer from starvation even worse than they are today.
But our honeybees, like most our pollinators, are under threat: loss of habitats, pesticides, diseases, pathogens, pests and climate change are threatening their survival and the well-being of many colonies, decimating their numbers (each year, thousands of colonies die).
One way you can help them is by adopting a colony managed by a beekeeper who does not use chemicals or so-called “organic” treatments in their hives, and raises their bees naturally and mindfully so they can thrive despite the odds.
(Best combined with our "BEEKEEPING TRAINING CONGO" for a complete package)
Our “Adopt-A-Family-Hive(TM)” program makes a great, thoughtful, mindful gift for any gardener, nature lover or foodie that is sure to please, plus it’s a wonderful educational experience for a child.
In addition, adopting a hive in Africa (in this case the Republic of the Congo) helps a Congolese beekeeper make a dignified income, feed her/his family all year -including in periods of drought and food shortage, avoid malnutrition, and send her/his children to school. It makes a huge difference in the lives of an entire family.
So this program is ideal for anyone who:
- Would like to contribute in a thoughtful and meaningful way to the survival, well-being and education of a developing country family in need
- Would love to have their own hive, but doesn’t have the time or space
- Wants to contribute to the protection of our ecosystems and the environment in general
- Wants to learn more about the role of the honeybee
- Loves bees and honey
- Enjoys their garden and nature
- Grows their own produce
- Is a foodie or passionate about food – including locally sourced produce
- Cares for the environment
- Believes in natural, organic and mindful practices for food production and livestock/husbandry
- Wants to contribute to the well-being of future generations
When you adopt a hive from a natural, mindful beekeeper, you provide tangible support to a live colony of honey bees and helping safeguarding them for future generations.
In addition, you get the following:
- The assurance that a hive will be donated to a Congolese family in need
- A certificate of adoption for your colony
- Tips and advice to help you help bees in your garden and your community
- An “amazzzzing” fact sheet kit full of bee trivia to impress your friends
- Quarterly updates for a year about the hive you adopted